Thursday, October 25, 2012

Чёрный бумер

One of these days I'm going to get hit by a Чёрный бумер.  Russians are daring drivers.  Consequently, pedestrians must be fearless cross-walkers.  In cross-walks, pedestrians have the right of way and all the cars rushing by must stop to let them cross.  However, mustering up the courage to step into a road full of aggressively speeding vehicles is no easy task.  Many a day I find myself standing at the edge of a cross-walk waiting for a Russian бабушка to artfully put her life on the line and stop traffic so that I can cross.





In other news, we're taking a night train to St. Petersburg this evening for our Bing Trip!  If you don't hear from me in a few days, don't be alarmed; I probably will not have much time for blogging during our whirlwind tour of Russia's "European" capital!

пока!

1 comment:

  1. Yay you're finally going to Saint Petersburg!! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the beautiful beautiful city. Have fun!

    -Irina

    ReplyDelete