Wednesday, November 28, 2012

иммунитет

I apologize for the rather lame blog posts lately.  Though I am abroad, I am not immune to the demands of being a Stanford student.  This week, I have been working on an essay for my course on modern Russian economic policy.  I am exploring the "Buy Local" movement in the United States and how a similar program promoting local agriculture could benefit both the Russian economy and society.
Courtesy of Leste

I had no idea that agriculture was such a fascinating subject!  As I'm learning, the agricultural sector has a nearly immeasurable impact (I say 'nearly' because I am, in fact, trying to quantify its impact) on the well-being and sustainability of a nation.  I'm considering continuing this research when I return to Stanford in the winter.

Speaking of winter ...
View from my window
снег!
This type of weather makes me want to crawl into bed with a mug of tea and finish The Dead Souls.  But, there is a time for reading and a time for work.  Now, I must get back to work!  

No comments:

Post a Comment